Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Shipping Supervisor to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
The shipping supervisor position oversees shipping employees. You will plan and assign work, implement policies and procedures, and recommend improvements in shipping methods, equipment, operating procedures, and working conditions. You will manage all employees of the shipping department and is responsible for training and the performance management of the employees within those departments. The shipping supervisor is part of the leadership team within Supply Chain Operations.
You will report to the Materials Manager.
Does This Describe You:
You're a leader!
A Look Inside the Job:
- Accomplish shipping staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures
- Work within our Inventory Management software, and carrier portals to ship required invoices
- Attend daily leadership meetings and provide departmental updates
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
- Maintain safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures
- Resolve personnel problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action
- Operate within our time card software to approve/edit time cards
- Lead weekly standup meetings with the entire facility, participate in setting agenda for meetings
- Maintain workflow by monitoring steps of the process, look for methods of improvement, test and implement new processes
- Initiate and foster a spirit of cooperation within and between departments
- Monitor and tracks employee quotas, maintain statistics page for workforce
- Conduct employee evaluations, create corrective action plans
- Pull reports from inventory software, analyze data and make suggestions
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to operate bailer, forklift and pallet jack (training provided)
- Ability to lift 75 lbs.
- Previous supervisory experience working in a logistics department required
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.