Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Technical Trainer to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
We are looking for a Technical Trainer to join our growing training department. The Technical Trainer will manage the delivery of online and in-person training to a variety of audiences. This technical role will closely partner with the content and development teams to develop the best training solutions for Datto's global partners and employees. You will be essential to developing and maintaining Datto's top level of customer focus by having a direct impact on our partners' and employees' experience.
You will report to the Training Manager.
Does This Describe You:
You're a team player, not afraid to take on a challenge yourself, and fearless with public speaking.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Partner with support, product, and leadership to provide highly effective training programs
- Deliver technical instructor-led and virtual instructor-led training to multiple audiences
- Identify and resolve systemic issues impacting support and partners which can be addressed by training
- Partner with instructional designers to address training needs analysis and build technical training materials
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training programs and learning outcomes
- Demonstrate a willingness to continue learning new technologies and products
- Communicate effectively at all levels across the organization
- Travel required (30% or less)
- Occasional flex scheduling required to accommodate training in other world time zones
- Projects and other related tasks may be assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Technical understanding of the Datto product portfolio
- Ability to convey complex, technical topics to diverse learners with varying levels of experience
- Patience and creativity in adapting to individual learner needs
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal, listening, and presentation
- Excellent interpersonal skills including a professional and diplomatic demeanor
- Ability to speak clearly and comfortably in front of a room of people
- Knowledge and experience with various training methods including lecture, web and computer-based training, on-the-job training (OJT), demonstration, etc.
- Previous technical training experience
- Bilingual; ability to translate training assets and deliver technical training in multiple languages
- Instructional Design Experience
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.