Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
You will report to the Sr. Director, Networking.
A Look Inside the Job:
Datto Networking offers a number of cloud managed products essential for business and day-to-day operations. From wireless access points and ethernet switches to 4G failover routers and managed power, we focus on easy to manage cloud based solutions for Managed Service Providers. We are looking for an experienced Software Developer who can help us enhance the current networking solutions, as well as help design and build the next generation of products and features for Datto Networking, with a focus on the cloud side of these products.
- B.S. or M.S. in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- 5+ years of professional experience with object-oriented or functional programming using languages such as Java, PHP, Python, C++, or C#
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, design patterns, and algorithms
- Proficient with Linux and shell scripting
- Excellent communication skills
- Must enjoy learning and be self-motivated with the ability to switch contexts as the needs of the business evolve
- Experience with API development; RESTful, JSON-RPC
- Experience with version control software
- Experience with relational databases
- Thrive in an agile fast paced environment
- Passionate technologist looking to teach and learn from the team
- Independent, driven, creative, and like to take ownership
- Understanding of networking protocols (e.g. DNS, VoIP, IPSEC, 802.11, QoS, etc.)
- Understanding of the OSI model, specifically TCP/IP
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.