Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Product Manager to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
You will report directly to the VP, Product Management, and have an indirect reporting relationship with the Chief Information Security Officer.
Does This Describe You:
You know how to mix business and tech and how to get people excited about their life's work!
A Look Inside the Job:
- Contribute to the strategic planning processes for Datto product lines and ensure continuing alignment of product strategy and roadmaps with information security goals and overall company vision and strategy. Reconcile the two if ever in conflict
- Become an expert in the security debt in product backlogs. Interpret, enrich, clarify and prioritize that known security debt in collaboration with product and information security
- Share security debt analysis with product managers and work collaboratively with them on cyber risk education to promote a deeper appreciation and understanding of cyber risks existing because of product security debt
- Combine an understanding of cyber risk and threat landscape and product ecosystem to define and drive future product security enhancements and strategic plans that further populate security debt in backlogs and security roadmaps
- Partner with partners and internal stakeholders to understand functionality, features, and enhancements they need/want. Use that input to inform roadmaps
- Involve and inform stakeholders throughout the planning, development, testing, and deployment lifecycle
- Collaborate with engineering, information security, product management, and user experience teams to achieve best-in-class secure product experiences that scale
- Promote the secure product vision to our partners and internal stakeholders
- Use product research input to create business and technical requirements, working with product managers and engineering to design, develop, and bring concepts to market throughout the Agile sprint cycle.
- Build and own requirements, specifications, and prioritization of the roadmap.
- May own products or systems through the entire product lifecycle -- from the initial proposal, production, marketing, and sales, through to measurement of success post-launch and product retirement.
- Build impactful, personal partner relationships. Demonstrate a partner-focused mindset by frequently participating in partner conversations and ensuring ongoing partner feedback and validation.
- Bring the partner's voice into product creation and enhancement processes.
- Manage stakeholder and partner escalations when needed.
- Establish success criteria for product usage and perform ongoing measurement and monitoring, using the input to inform roadmap and designs.
- Help plan and analyze activities such as business cases, investment cases, bookings targets, and margin analysis.
- The equivalent of 5+ years of product management or similar experience in security software, identity, and access management, enterprise software, cloud computing, internet technology, SaaS, or a related field
- A track record managing a product throughout its lifecycle
- A solid Product Owner background, with experience working with a team of technical experts in an agile environment
- A technical background with an understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Excellent analytical, collaboration, presentation, and written skills
- Experience juggling multiple tasks at one time, and collaborating with various departments
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Customer references - a line of business or IT leaders who can recommend your work from previous experience as your customer
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.