Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Video Editor to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
Datto is looking for an experienced and creative Video Editor to join our in-house Creative Services team. As a Video Editor at Datto, you will capture, edit, and produce photos and videos for internal and external purposes. You can bring sight and sound together to tell a cohesive story that follows Datto’s brand message.
You will report to the Director, Creative Services.
Does This Describe You:
You're highly creative and a team player.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Capture studio-quality photographs, audio (podcasts) and video
- Work both on and off-site
- Collaborate with your creative teammates, offering new ideas and multiple solutions to problems
- Collaborate with the entire marketing team
- Follow our brand guidelines
- Present ideas, projects and drafts of work to senior management after editing to the best of your ability
- Develop an overall video brand messaging strategy for many of the video series and podcast series
- Own the production process from start to finish for the Datto Podcast, ensuring each episode is released on time
- BA/BS or similar degree
- 3-5 years of experience as a video specialist of a similar role
- Proven experience using video and editing equipment
- Creative thinker with problems
- Excellent time-management skills
- Great interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Audition (Plus for the whole Creative Cloud Suite) and DaVinci Resolve
- Knowledge and an understanding of motion graphics is preferred
- Be a good storyteller
- Understand efficient post-production techniques
- Experience with other NLEs, such as Final Cut and Avid a plus
- Knowledge and technical experience with professional grade camera equipment
- Passionate about your craft
- Willingness to travel, roughly 50% of the time
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.