Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a “” to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
An application support expert supports software applications and technologies to a specific target audience within Datto’s suite of SaaS products. These technicians should understand high-level technologies that affect the usage of these products and help interpret feedback from end-users or address other issues such as account, configuration, and education cases. The application support expert is part of a range of CX staff devoted to making sure that existing Datto software architecture within a business is working well and being used efficiently. Most application support technicians need to be familiar with the range of software-based technologies most commonly used in a partners environment; i.e., web browsers, SQL, Java, front-end development, .NET, etc. At the senior level, you should begin to understand advanced integrations and configurations. The main difference to how application support is approached as opposed to technical support is that application support experts are generally not listening to fix they are instead looking to recommend. This could be recommending a new product set, feature use, or a different approach to configuring.
You will report to the Technical Support Manager.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Seek successful resolution of customer inquiries received through multiple communication channels
- Support, log, categorize, prioritize, and track incidents reported by customers
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and adherence to partner service level agreements
- Log all customer contact in the support ticketing system, maintaining complete and accurate information
- Develop strong product and business expertise of Datto products
- Develop a strong understanding of Datto customer requirements and processes
- Work collaboratively with team members to insure timely responses and resolutions to customer problems
- Work collaboratively with internal partners to manage customer interactions
- Support a positive team culture based on Datto values
- Identify and report knowledge gaps to SPSE and PSE2
- Help with sharing, updating and creating knowledge resources
- May be involved with special projects/special team support
- An intermediate degree of comfort with complex integration environments across a variety of configurations
- Accept feedback to improve skills and further development
- Work a pre-scheduled company holiday(s) when needed
- Able approach support issues from a training perspective when needed
- Passion for learning new technologies and applying general and industry-specific knowledge in an energized, systematic and team-oriented environment
- One year or more of customer service experience
- Experience managing and responding to multiple issues in the same period
- Computer literacy skills: file system basics, operating system navigation, conceptual network connectivity, Internet and internet browser literacy
- Experience appeasing frustrated or angry customers in a positive, sympathetic, and diplomatic way
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Private medical insurance
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.