Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
You will report to the Sr. DevOps Engineer I - Lead.
Does This Describe You:
You are a team player who excels in a collaborative environment.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Work towards the betterment of engineering at Datto
- Partner with Datto engineers to identify workflow pain points and develop their solutions
- Engineer continuous delivery pipelines that are stable, maintainable, scalable, and secure
- Be the bridge between software and systems engineering
- Identify trends in need of a larger solution, beyond the scope of the immediate problem
- Design and advocate best practices within the organization
- Solve complex and challenging issues with simple, maintainable, and scalable solutions
- Utilize Open Source solutions where appropriate to stand on the shoulders of giants
- Periodic travel may be required
- Off hours/on-call support required
- 3+ years of experience as a Software Engineer developing and maintaining an application
- 5+ years experience with Linux administration (full stack or devops experience counts)
- Experience with scripting and systems automation (bash, python, etc.)
- Proficiency with git and ideally experience with collaborative use of GitHub or GitLab
- Passion for configuration management; Puppet preferred, Ansible/Chef/Salt acceptable
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools, e.g., Terraform, OpenStack Heat, etc
- Do your best work in an energized environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills—documentation is a must
- Good troubleshooting instincts and the ability to quickly triage/perform root-cause analysis
- The desire and capability to see a problem through to completion
- Ability to quickly acquire new skills and thrive in a team-based environment
- Agility in an environment that requires rapid iteration and pivoting
- Ability to effectively manage time and push multiple projects at once
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.