Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a UI/UX Developer to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
The Datto RMM engineering team is looking for someone who gets excited about building UI's that are intuitive, easy to use, and present complicated data in simple, easy to understand ways. As a UI/UX Developer, you will work collaboratively with our product management team and a team of highly experienced backend developers, and design and create a new modern web UI to ultimately replace an existing traditional web UI. You will identify and implement the best UI technology for the job.
You will report to the Mgr, Software Development RMM.
Does This Describe You:
You're a team player and a creative thinker.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Help create an entirely new web portal UI from the ground up to iteratively replace an existing Grails-based (Java web framework) UI
- Focus on usability, responsiveness, performance, and security
- Participate in product design and give feedback on usability early in the design phase
- Create concepts, wireframes, mockups and user journeys that lead to intuitive user experiences for multiple devices including mobile
- Implement the user experience designs, and work with backend developers to integrate them with the full technology stack
- Optimize code for performance and memory usage SEO OAuth
- Experience delivering an excellent user experience and a responsive user interface across multiple browsers
- Good understanding of the internals of web protocols: HTTPS, Websockets, SSE and REST
- Work experience as a UI/UX designer or similar role, portfolio of prior design projects
- Experience with automated testing, from the unit through to functional perspectives
- Strong interpersonal skills with your peers
- Experience developing with backends based on a microservices architecture
- Proficiency developing asynchronous code
- A passion for programming, admiring the simple over the complex, and a sense of pride in your work
- You like to write beautiful code, and you think coding is something creative
- You will need to be situated at our Amersham, Bucks engineering office, though working from home is possible. In this case, you will need to be available for meetings and discussions at the office
- You make prolific use of animated gif memes in your daily communication
- Nice to haves WebSockets, SSE Iconography and/or other graphic artistic abilities
- Experience with UI testing frameworks such as KarmaJS, Protractor, or Cucumber
- Experience with any of the following: Git Atlassian Stack (JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, Stash) Balsamiq, Adobe Illustrator, Wireframe.cc, InVision
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Private medical insurance
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.