Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for an intern to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
The Sales Development Intern will support a range of strategic projects to guide our Partner Program and build the business including sales and marketing.
You will report to the Manager, Sales Development.
Does This Describe You:
You're enthusiastic and pick things up quickly!
A Look Inside the Job:
- Perform market research to identify and track important competitors, potential partners, and industry trends
- Maintain reports to adhere to Datto’s competitive intelligence using research and monitor marketing changes
- Analyze and segment data to grow new business
- Cultivate call lists and market campaign lists
- Data entry and Salesforce.com utilization
- Participate in cold-calling and prospecting to identify and nurture prospects resulting in new opportunities
- Assist the Sales Director of Partner Acquisition in maintaining and growing relationships with our partners on value-added disaster recovery solutions (including ad hoc sales support activities)
- A desire to work and learn in a growing technology field
- Current student working towards a Bachelor's Degree (preferably in Sales, Communications, Marketing)
- Experience selling and prospecting to new customers
- Comfortable following a defined sales process
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Must be organized and detail oriented
- Basic computer knowledge
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible working hours
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Charity match program
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.