Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Big Data Test Analyst to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.

The Big Data Test Analyst is an expert at designing, creating, and executing performance tests against large amounts of test data, analyzing and reporting the results of the test executions to all stakeholders. A Big Data Test Analyst can be given minimal direction, providing updates to their manager. You will build basic and complex test performance scripts without supervision.

You will report to the Sr. Manager QA.

Does This Describe You:

You're not afraid to take on a challenge by yourself and are a creative problem solver.

A Look Inside the Job:

• Work with Product Management and DBA’s to determine performance testing requirements 
  • Create large amounts of test data for active projects and regression tests 
  • Build the performance testing best practices, standardization and strategies 
  • Work with the project team to analyze code changes introduced and assess potential performance impact and level of performance testing needed 
  • Collaborate with the development teams to translate the performance requirements into test cases 
  • Work with DBA, Configuration Manager, and Technology to set up the performance testing environment 
  • Run the performance tests in early software development cycle, and identify performance bottlenecks 
  • Work with development and DBA teams to tune the application performance 
  • Continuously improve performance test coverage Integrate and consolidate performance testing tools, approaches, and environments across multiple performance groups 
  • Deliver comprehensive performance testing reports and metrics, present them to project managers and development in clear terms

About You:

• 3+ years of performance testing utilizing large amounts of data 
  • Experience with front end performance testing tools such as HttpWatch, Fiddler or JMeter 
  • Experience with monitoring and analyzing server performance counters 
  • Experience in test automation tools (Such as Selenium, QTP, and Loadrunner) 
  • A good understanding of database structure and SQL 
  • Ability to perform multiple tasks concurrently 
  • Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills 
  • Ability to work independently and in a team-based environment 
  • Must be self-motivated and strive for continuous improvement

Bonus Points:

• Knowledge in optimizing CSS, JavaScript

Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)

At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:

• Comprehensive health-care benefits
  • Free lunch every Friday
  • Flexible paid time off policy
  • Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
  • Fitness reimbursement
  • Charity match program
  • Transit subsidy in select cities
  • Education reimbursement
  • And more!

By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited.  We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.

Datto is an equal opportunity employer.

Apply for this Job

* Required

Demographic Questions

Individuals seeking employment at Datto are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. In order to track the effectiveness of our recruiting efforts and ensure we consider the needs of all our employees, please consider answering the following questions.

Completion is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter and any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.

Your responses to any of the following questions will be anonymized and only used to improve Datto’s diversity and inclusion initiatives. These responses will not be used / reviewed in connection with your application for employment.

I identify my gender as:

I identify as transgender:

I consider myself a member of the LGBTQ+ community

I identify my sexual orientation as:

I identify my ethnicity as:

Veteran status:

I have a physical disability: