Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for an Associate Sales Engineer to join a rapidly growing team. Datto is an innovative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We are 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that enable and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We are headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
You will report to the EMEA Sales Engineering Manager.
Does This Describe You:
Proactive, technical, confident, strong communications
A Look Inside the Job:
- Provide technical pre-sales support to Datto sales teams and Datto partners
- Train and assist new partners when deploying their first Datto appliance
- Present technical product demos to potential customers
- Maintain detailed records in SalesForce, and other CRM platforms
- Represent Datto at industry events
- Cultivate strong consultative relationships with individuals in partner organizations to ensure customer and partner satisfaction
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the industry, technical and competitive landscapes
- Support the achievement of bookings quota in the assigned territory
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent industry experience
- Experience in pre-sales and/or technical support environments
- Knowledge of common operating system and server technologies
- A working knowledge of networking (routing, switches, VLANs, wireless, Industry Standards)
- Proven track record of troubleshooting IT computer, server or network issues to successful resolution
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to thrive in a team selling environment
- The ability to travel domestically and internationally
- An understanding of typical MSP services, business models, and market, preferably from time at a vendor, or from working at an MSP
- Experience with a Linux command line (Debian 8, Ubuntu 16.04)
- Hands-on knowledge of SalesForce CRM
- Project management experience
- Experience with virtualization (VMware, Hyper-V, KVM)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Private medical insurance
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.