Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
A trusted partner and consultant to our Sales and Marketing, you will assist with human resource-related issues, align goals and needs, and develop appropriate solutions where needed while serving as an employee advocate and change agent. You will guide culture and employee engagement by working closely with all levels of the team. As a dedicated partner, you will understand all aspects of the department, including sales and marketing goals and measurements and general finances, and contribute to the overall strategy by using a combination of essential skills, tactical solutions, and being willing to be hands-on. Reporting to the VP of Human Resources, this position will cover all Sales and Marketing departments but may include other departmental/international human resource responsibilities and global projects. The ability to travel is essential.
Does This Describe You:
You are objective, influential and engaging!
A Look Inside the Job:
- Conduct regular meetings with Senior Sales Leadership
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop programs and policies
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues
- Conduct objective investigations and minimize legal exposure, keeping thorough documentation
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to the management of employees in all countries as needed, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Collaborate with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Develop contract terms for new hires, promotions, and transfers
- Give feedback on organizational design, business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning
- Identify developmental training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs
- Be a leader for diversity, inclusion programs, and required reporting, e.g. gender gap, ethnicity, and demographics
- Provide input for wellness and awareness programs and other important employee projects
- Participate in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success, following up to ensure training goals are met
- A minimum of 6 to 8 years of experience resolving complex employee relations issues
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations where applicable, diversity, performance management, and country, federal and state respective employment laws and culture
- Experience working in sales and marketing in a tech environment
- Additional language skills and international HR experience are an advantage
- Competencies: Ethical Practice, Global and Cultural Awareness, and Methodical reporting and administrative skills
- A Bachelor's degree
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited paid time off
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.