Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Shipping Assistant to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
The Shipping Assistant (SA) prepares all Datto devices to ship. You will be required to pack devices into the appropriate boxes with the correct documentation and accessories for each device taking care not to damage any sensitive hardware in the process. Once devices are packaged, you are responsible for stacking outbound shipments onto pallets and shrink wrap them in preparation for pickup. Once the pallets have been wrapped securely, you must operate the forklift and load the pallets onto the courier truck upon pickup. You will also help receive packages that arrive in morning deliveries. You are responsible for unboxing any packages having to do with inbound RMAs and Competitor Trade-In devices, and categorizing them before checking them in with the inventory manager and placing items into their areas within the warehouse. You will be asked to keep an organized workspace and be familiar with our products. You will report to the Manager of Shipping, Logistics & RMA’S.
Does This Describe You:
You're hardworking and detail oriented.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Package all Datto devices into the appropriate boxes
- Ensure all packages are neatly stacked onto pallets
- Cleaning shipping area every night
- Operate forklift and pallet jacks. Training required
- Multiple deliveries weekly to move material between Norwalk and Monroe
- Prepare documentation and kit materials
- Build and prepare shipping boxes and foam packaging
- Monitor inventory, ensuring inventory is neatly stored
- Inputting tracking numbers to invoices daily once shipments have gone out
- Assist build, logistics, and inventory management in large-scale tasks such as unboxing chassis for build, assembling drives in trays for server management
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets)
- Able to operate bailer, forklift and pallet jack (training provided)
- Able to lift 75 lbs
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.