Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Pricing Manager to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
You will report to the Sr. Director Continuous Process Improvement.
Does This Describe You:
You crave an opportunity to use your expertise in pricing to help scale a dynamic and growing business. You have a bias for action balanced with a commitment to building a reusable process. You work easily with stakeholders at all levels of the organization, and you inspire and guide them to achieve. Continuous improvement is part of your DNA.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Own all aspects of pricing, from strategy to execution
- Develop, publish, and manage pricing strategy, execution workflow, processes, and templates
- Take a strategic approach to pricing, including identifying opportunities to package across product lines
- Build pricing for new products as part of the product development cadence, working with Product to include the value of new features
- Manage pricing list creation for acquisition product lines
- Partner with finance to understand the profitability of models in all geographies
- Model potential pricing changes and their financial impact
- Partner with sales to align pricing with GTM strategy
- Develop sales levers that push forward deals
- Ensure pricing is implemented in systems of record
- Create and maintain a pricing list in our systems with part numbers that serves as a continually updated list of all possible products that can be sold
- Communicate pricing changes, talking points, and training to reps regularly
- Evaluate pricing strategy and models regularly to recalibrate and improve
- Prior pricing, product management, product marketing, or finance experience
- 5+ years of work experience
- Strong analytical and modeling skills, comfort with Excel and PowerPoint/G-suite Project, product, or program management skills
- Bachelor’s in a relevant field
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong business acumen
- Comfortable with ambiguity and enjoy working in a dynamic environment
- A “how can we get this done” attitude
- Scrappy, resilient
- Think deeply, but also act quickly
- Curious – no fear of asking questions and willing to admit that you don’t know the answer
- Ability to juggle multiple ongoing projects while maintaining keen attention to detail
- Cross-functional team player
- Previous management consulting experience
- MBA or another advanced degree
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.