Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Manager to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
You will report to the Chief Product Officer.
Does This Describe You:
You love research and numbers and getting to the root of the issue
A Look Inside the Job:
- Build and manage a BI team, including performance management, goal setting, career coaching, etc. to provide business intelligence capabilities for Datto globally, as well as assisting with information and process architecture
- Recommend and design solutions based on business need and technical architecture while collaborating with internal departments, engineers, and executive management
- Collaborate closely with internal stakeholders within the various departments, including Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Technical Support, Finance, HR, and others to establish processes and gather requirements which can be delivered by the BI team
- Program in PHP to develop reporting solutions that provide meaningful insight into operational results and financial trends
- Manage and manipulate multiple large datasets
- Work with SQL and relational database systems to collect relevant data
- Implement KPI reporting and work through data and data sources to support reporting needs
- Analyze data, combining multiple programming outputs to create cohesive reports
- Prepare corporate data and identify sources and relationships to validate data; present recommendations/decisions regarding data analyses
- Develop KPI reporting for internal and external stakeholders
- Advance the utilization of BI analytics in Product and Engineering
- Be a strategic information resource for the Product Management team and help them understand the different sources of voluminous data available (raw engineering team metrics, bug reports, support customer touchpoint data, granular product usage logs, sales results, etc.), analyze the same, and assist stakeholders in drawing sound conclusions from often conflicting information
- Prepare ad hoc analyses
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of relevant experience
- Partnership, collaboration, and resource management skills
- Working knowledge of PHP Advanced SQL, Tableau, and Excel knowledge
- Experience implementing KPIs and other strategic, operational frameworks
- Advanced analytical/creative thinking and research skills
- Inquisitive mindset, willingness to ‘dig in’ and stay ahead of the game
- Comfortable working with data and organizing it in a consumable fashion for others in the organization
- Experience writing reports/proposals and supporting presentations
- Experience working at a strategic level with key Stakeholders and the Executive Management Team
- Comfortable working with a variety of levels within the organization and with external members (i.e., Board of Directors, Independent Auditors, etc.)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited paid time off
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.