Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Senior UX Researcher to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
You will report to the VP, Product Management.
Does This Describe You:
You’re a collaborative designer who can grow in an energized environment.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Collaborate with Product Management to guide user research and customer intelligence process
- Create storyboards, click-a-types, wireframes, and other prototypes (hardware and software) to support progress and development of Datto’s hardware, web, and mobile applications
- Test design concepts for acceptance and usability with important company partners and external product users
- Establish regular messaging of customer touch points, including in-person observations, product-focused phone interviews, surveys, etc.
- Advocate for Human Centered Design and implement Design Thinking practices at Datto
- Grow and maintain user experience and information architecture guidelines for interactive elements and essential workflows to organize development
- Build and maintain UX specifications and standards across Datto’s web and mobile products
- Survey and analyze ongoing trends in web and mobile usability, user interface design, service design, visual design, and human factors
- Build and manage a UX research team including performance management, goal setting, career coaching, etc. to support business intelligence capabilities for Datto globally, as well as assisting with information and process architecture
- A bachelor’s degree in UX/UI/Interaction/Experience Design or a related field and 5+ years of experience in UX research and design
- Expert fluency in best practices and practical knowledge of user-centered design methodologies and usability principles
- Portfolio demonstrating UX best practices
- Experience creating detailed specifications, user flows, wireframes, mockups/prototypes, and style guides in an iterative environment for both hardware and software applications
- Proficiency in design tools with an ability to construct designs that are technically sensible with an understanding of the effect on development
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.