Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Senior Tools Programmer to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Partner with internal stakeholders to design and develop tools used to assist in managing Datto’s infrastructure
- Develop in a Linux environment (Ubuntu) that will interface with thousands of servers
- Participate in an energized agile software development lifecycle
- Working knowledge of PHP, Python, or another high-level web-centric language
(e.g. Ruby on Rails, Java, C#, etc.)
- Experience developing in a Linux environment
- Familiarity with relational database design principles (e.g., MySQL)
- Experience delivering production software
- Computer science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented programming
- Excellent communication skills
- Enjoys learning and be self-motivated with the ability to switch contexts as our needs evolve
- Experience with version control software (e.g., Git, Subversion, etc.)
- Experience with full stack development and web application frameworks (e.g., Symfony, RoR, etc.)
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field
- Familiarity with the LAMP environment
- Understanding of the MVC Design Pattern
- Experience with API development
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited paid time off
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.