Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a QA Automation Engineer to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
You will ensure that Datto’s hardware and software products are amazing and of the highest quality and participate as a Quality ambassador, engineer, and eyes of the customer within your specific agile software development team.
You will report to the Director of Software Engineering.
Does This Describe You:
You're a problem solver and a team player.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Assist Team Lead with mentoring junior Quality Assurance Engineers
- Arrange creative ways to break the products, uncover defects and file them
- Perform product performance testing, usability, and test against/with compatibility
- Help reproduce bugs reported outside of QA and assess them with Team Lead
- Assist junior Quality Assurance Engineers to build detailed test specifications (functional, environments, resources) that transition into test strategies for existing and new features
- Assist junior Quality Assurance Engineers to write and perform detailed test plans
- Automate test plans created by junior Quality Assurance Engineers to enhance coverage of end-to-end automated tests
- Participate in release processes for your assigned project
- Design any testing strategies concerning releases
- Maintain open communication with QA, Engineering, Product and Customer Experience teams about issues, risk, product quality and bugs
- Help educate your peers in QA, Engineering, and Product on testing and QA; work with them to determine product quality goals and measurements
- Maintain your test environment
- Maintain and communicate testing timelines, schedules, and status reports
- Provide updates to the QA Team Lead, Team Coordinator and Product Manager on the status of testing activities in an Agile environment
- Recommend improvements to the QA methodology
- Other duties as assigned by Team Lead and/or Management
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or Software Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with manual testing, testing applications, testing sites, and automation
- Knowledge of TCP/IP protocols and networking (e.g., IP addressing, DNS configuration, etc.)
- Knowledge of Linux, Windows, and Mac
- Proficiency in Python Experience with automation testing and automation tools
- Strongly documentation minded with an ability to document in extreme detail
- Knowledge of testing methodologies and concepts
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Knowledge on finding opportunities for improvement and tackle them without external direction
- Dedication to collaboration
- Deep understanding of software product life cycles
- Strong knowledge of Linux and its command line
- Experience with APIs
- Experience with Selenium
- Experience with software configuration management and GitLab
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited paid time off
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.