Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for an Instructional Designer to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
You will report to the Supervisor, Technical Training.
Does This Describe You:
You're creative and a team player.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Design highly interactive and task-based technical training programs using multiple media and blended approaches (eLearning, instructor-led, job aids and on the job support tools)
- Develop learning goals that align with strategic priorities
- Build collaborative and consultative relationships with subject matter experts, customers, and peers
- Participate in the analysis, design, development, and evaluation of eLearning, instructor-led learning (live and virtual), blended learning, informal learning, and other learning solutions.
- Use raw content provided by subject matter experts to write scripts, storyboards, and design documents
- Develop the criteria and assessment instruments, including simulation-style assessments that align to course goals
- Use agile project management and development methodology to produce iterative results for design and development deliverables (e.g., Scrum, SAM, etc.)
- Update existing training content to include recurring product and software enhancements
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent Certification, in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Education, or related field
- 1-2 years of job experience in Instructional Design, Education, Training, or related field
- Value collaboration and the importance of supporting your team and learn from senior team members
- Knowledge of instructional design principles and methodologies such as SAM, ADDIE, Kirkpatrick Model, Blooms Taxonomy, and Adult Learning Theory
- Experience working in an Agile, Scrum environment
- Experience working with and design instruction on complex technical hardware and software systems
- Experience with a wide variety of instructional design and development tools (e.g., Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate, Adobe Illustrator, Camtasia, etc.)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.