Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for an Information Security Engineer to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
As a trusted and empowered member of the CISOs staff, you will go out into the organization and identify opportunities for security improvement and organize change. You will oversee efforts that push the enhancement of organizational and engineering security controls and processes. You will assure the achievement of important outcomes through these efforts. You may conduct risk assessments, manage social engineering exercises, promote security training of employees, analyze results of vulnerability assessments, manage remediation activities, implement process and control improvements, determine specifications and requirements to close visibility gaps with new controls and processes, field internal and external security questions and escalations or help respond to security incidents, amongst other assigned tasks. You will report to the Director of Information Security.
Does This Describe You:
You're a technical expert!
A Look Inside the Job:
- Independently lead information security program enhancement projects of varying size, scope, and technical complexity
- Be a subject matter expert to other teams and assist on the design, implementation, deployment, and maintenance of security controls and processes
- Partner with other groups to identify, resolve, and reduce vulnerabilities and risks
- Solve security challenges at scale while balancing usability, stability, scalability, and performance
- Help implement the information security framework to help achieve program and compliance goals
- Respond to external vendor security due diligence questionnaires (DDQs) and internal and external auditors regarding information security topics
- Organize vendor risk management and due diligence exercises on behalf of Datto
- Stay up-to-date with news and trends in information security including new vulnerabilities, methodologies, and products
- Perform other relevant responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent IT work experience
- Two (2) or more years of experience in a role with IT Security or Information Security responsibilities
- Experience designing, implementing and managing security controls and processes
- Experience implementing controls in alignment with the NIST Cyber Security Framework
- Experience with open source technologies and environments
- Experience analyzing security events and responding to security incidents
- Experience with tools such as Nessus, OSSEC, WAF, IPS/IDS, firewalls and SIEMs
- Foundational understanding of Linux operating systems and networking is required
- Basic understanding of, or ability to quickly learn, one or more common compliance regulations or standards (e.g., PCI, HIPAA, SOC2)
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited paid time off
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.