Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Director to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
We're looking for an experienced, excellence-obsessed and motivated Director of Global Sales Training. You will help build and provide a world-class learning and development program for our fast-growing global sales organization. You will lead a team that will create and deliver impactful, engaging and memorable training programs that result in high sales productivity. Datto has a dynamic, 400+ person global sales organization with teams spread across the globe. This position requires constant and tight collaboration with Sales Leadership, Sales Operations, Marketing, Product and other important functions in the organization. You will be a consultant to the sales SVPs, VPs, and Regional Sales Managers and gather best practices from top performers and develop training priorities on an ongoing basis, with a clear and measurable business goal in mind. You will report to the VP of Revenue Operations.
Does This Describe You:
You're a builder with a creative mindset and a great team player.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Lead the global sales training function
- Participate in Sales Leadership planning meetings to support the strategic direction of Datto’s global sales team
- Gather best practices from top performers, develop and institutionalize training materials and program based on those best practices
- Develop and deliver training and enablement programs to sales team including new hire boot camp, ongoing training, new product launches, sales kick-offs, mentor programs, curriculum development, etc.
- Develop and deliver training and enablement programs directed to channel partner MSPs
- Establish and implement an instructional design methodology for both instructor-led content and self-paced, digital content which offers a blended and "right-sized" experience for audiences within the scope of assigned projects
- Design and develop, with outsourced vendors as necessary, learning assets for our global teams to support learning at scale
- Partner with the training delivery team and outsourced vendors to develop effective and engaging training programs for current and newly-hired employees
- Conduct content development sessions and lead discussions around how to identify learning goals and which learning modalities are most appropriate
- Identify and determine the ROI metrics for the sales methodology and utilize for continuous improvement
- Build relationships with L&D and other cross-functional partners, globally, to collaborate on skill gaps and learning priorities
- Global travel will be required
- 5+ years of experience working in sales
- 5+ years of experience in sales training/sales enablement
- 3+ years of experience in people management
- Experience consulting with leaders and stakeholders, with success establishing relationships and the ability to be a strategic partner (vs. just execution)
- Business acumen and marketing familiarity
- Experience designing and delivering learning programs to reflect knowledge in adult learning principles, both inside and outside of traditional classroom environments
- Involvement in project managing diverse internal teams and outsourced vendors
- Training curriculum (learning path) development and delivery experience is preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent program management and project management skills
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited paid time off
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.