Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Director of Data & Analytics to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
To support its growth, Datto is restructuring its data and analytics processes and staff under a new global organization. The Director will oversee Datto’s central data and analytics platforms, defining the roadmap to support Datto’s worldwide expansion and managing the technical team supporting these. You will collaborate with senior stakeholders across Datto to manage demand, set priorities, and ensure the systems meet all business goals as well as being a solid foundation to support Datto’s future growth. You will “roll-up” your sleeves as a contributor, but will also be charged with leading and managing the technology team. You will establish standards and tools across data analytics and integration, based on industry best practices, and act as a change agent to standardize important processes and systems. You will report directly to the Chief Information Officer and will be based in Datto’s Norwalk, CT headquarters. You will manage and grow a team of technical and engineering resources.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Guide the vision and strategy for enterprise data governance, data services, and reporting and analytics
- Be accountable for system design, development and configuration, unit and system testing and deployment, and ensuring quality products and services
- Propose and build fresh solutions to reduce complexity and simplify the application landscape
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert for all functional and technical areas
- Collaborate with diverse teams to identify opportunities for process improvement and simplification
- Lead, manage, and develop all team members
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or a relevant discipline
- 5+ years of Analytics implementation experience implementing global, complex reporting solution, with 2+ years of experience managing a team of technical and functional staff
- Experience implementing, managing and setting the vision for data, analytics roadmap; solving complex data problems and delivering business values and efficiency
- 2+ years experience with leading Analytics platform - ideally Tableau - and implementing/promoting a self-service reporting strategy across departments
- 5+ years of experience implementing and managing leading on-premise and cloud-based data management platforms - mySQL, Snowflake, AWS ecosystem Pentaho
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Mission-centric and motivated to help team members succeed
- Experience working in agile delivery and teams (SCRUM)
- Creative thinker comfortable collaborating with colleagues at any level
- An entrepreneurial spirit will be crucial to your success, as will a level of comfort in a hyper-growth company and energized environment
- A sense of ownership of the technical and business outcome
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.