Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a QA Engineer to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
You will report to the QA Manager.
Does This Describe You:
You're a problem-solving team player who works towards continuous improvement.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Collaborate with developers to envision, design and test new features
- Identify and break down challenging technical problems and design and implement test solutions to those problems
- Design, build and maintain automated testing frameworks and solutions
- Recommend and evaluate new automation tools and make improvements on existing ones
- Design and build tooling and infrastructure for reliable test automation execution
- Implement automated test cases to validate functionality
- Perform manual testing
- Identify, troubleshoot and report bugs
- Encourage change and continuous improvement promoting efficient automation processes, procedures, coding standards, and best practices
- Train, mentor and educate more junior QA engineers
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field
- 3+ years of experience in test automation, programming or software development domains
- In-depth knowledge of testing approaches and concepts, preferably testing distributed systems, and service-oriented architectures
- Expert knowledge in Test Automation tools for UI (Browser, Mobile applications, desktop applications) API, and at least one performance test tool
- Understanding of large-scale distributed systems (cloud-based environments)
- Rich experience in one or more OO programming languages: Java/C#
- Good working knowledge of relational DB's and SQL
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Free lunch every Friday
- Generous paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.