Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for an Internal Systems Junior Administrator to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
We’re looking for an Internal Systems Junior Administrator that is passionate about empowering our employees around the world to work with technology in the most efficient way possible. You’ll be an important contributor to our fast-moving IT team, involved in supporting, and maintaining our endpoint management tools. You’ll have experience rolling out tools and scripts to run our computer fleet, and ensure they meet our security and policy requirements. You will also manage the functional administration of many of the end-user applications (productivity, communication, collaboration) used by Datto internally as well as participate in infrastructure management. You will report to the Internal Systems Manager.
Does This Describe You:
You're a team player, communicative, a continuous learner.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Design, document, maintain and report on secure desktop endpoint environments that meet our requirements
- Maintain and refine our Windows Active Directory environment
- Maintain and configure a variety of internally- and externally-facing applications, including the Atlassian suite, G Suite, Slack and Okta
- Collaborate closely with the security team to implement secure technology designs and support Datto’s compliance programs
- Communicate with all teams across the organization to identify requirements, share knowledge and align efforts where needed in IT
- Ensure all technology related work is documented and made available to stakeholders in both IT and Security
- Scope, draft, and co-own change management processes and other related policies with essential engineering principles to help guide “Architecture and Engineering” practices in IT
- Participate in scoping and development of larger IT infrastructure projects from start to finish
- Partner with other teams and address documentation and workflow needs
- Participate in risk/change management processes and assist with internal audits
- Participate in incident management, root cause analysis, and on-call rotations
- Complete assigned issues without leaving technical debt
- Help build a positive team spirit and make team success a priority
- Participate in Post Mortem reviews regularly with a strong emphasis on continual improvement
- Travel and after-hours or weekend coverage
- Excellent technical knowledge, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Experience troubleshooting, specifically managing Windows and macOS based devices in a desktop environment
- Ability to troubleshoot and follow-through to a resolution on escalated global service desk tickets
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory/Windows environment architecture and implementation including directory services administration experience within a global organization
- Group Policy, LDAP, DNS, and Remote Desktop Services configuration or administration experience
- Endpoint Management or RMM administration experience (Jamf, SCCM/Intune, G Suite, etc.)
- Have a basic understanding of supporting network-based applications: IP, TCP, HTTP, DNS, FTP, and SMTP
- Have some understanding of SaaS applications which may include; single sign-on, password management, audio/visual, chat, ticketing systems, wiki's, and other application types
- You are aware of or have exposure to Linux and are open to exploring it further
- Interest in writing scripts/code in an administrative language (e.g., PowerShell, Python, Bash, Ruby) with a bonus for existing knowledge in at
- least one
- Enjoy a challenge
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited paid time off
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.