Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for an Embedded Firmware Engineer to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
This position will report to the Director of Software Engineering.
A Look Inside the Job:
Our engineering teams partner closely with stakeholders in our product, sales, and technical support departments to build the right solutions, the right way so that we can deliver reliable, high-quality products to our MSP partners. Our firmware team uses C and Python to develop applications for our networking product line. We embrace Agile principles and bring these values to how we work. Teamwork, open communication, and transparency are the foundation of our success. Our team embodies these values so we can work together to solve complex challenges. Having a can-do attitude is central to being a team member.
- Bachelor of Science in CS/CE/EE discipline with 5+ years of embedded software development experience
- Expert knowledge of C, shell scripting and Python
- Experience with Linux drivers, TCP/IP networking stack
- Excellent debugging skills
- Experience with Open WRT, routing protocols, and WiFi/802.11 protocols
- You're not afraid to get tasks completed by yourself and have great people skills that help you collaborate well with diverse, distributed teams
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited paid time off
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.