Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for an Embedded Firmware Engineer to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.

This position will report to the Director of Software Engineering.

A Look Inside the Job:

Our engineering teams partner closely with stakeholders in our product, sales, and technical support departments to build the right solutions, the right way so that we can deliver reliable, high-quality products to our MSP partners. Our firmware team uses C and Python to develop applications for our networking product line. We embrace Agile principles and bring these values to how we work. Teamwork, open communication, and transparency are the foundation of our success. Our team embodies these values so we can work together to solve complex challenges. Having a can-do attitude is central to being a team member. 

About You:

• Bachelor of Science in CS/CE/EE discipline with 5+ years of embedded software development experience
  • Expert knowledge of C, shell scripting and Python
  • Experience with Linux drivers, TCP/IP networking stack
  • Excellent debugging skills

Bonus Points:

• Experience with Open WRT, routing protocols, and WiFi/802.11 protocols
  • You're not afraid to get tasks completed by yourself and have great people skills that help you collaborate well with diverse, distributed teams

Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)

At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:

• Comprehensive health-care benefits
  • Free lunch every Friday
  • Flexible working hours
  • Unlimited paid time off
  • Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
  • Fitness reimbursement
  • Charity match program
  • Transit subsidy in select cities
  • Education reimbursement
  • And more!

By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited.  We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.

Datto is an equal opportunity employer.

Apply for this Job

* Required
File   X
File   X

Demographic Questions

Individuals seeking employment at Datto are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. In order to track the effectiveness of our recruiting efforts and ensure we consider the needs of all our employees, please consider answering the following questions.

Completion is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter and any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.

Your responses to any of the following questions will be anonymized and only used to improve Datto’s diversity and inclusion initiatives. These responses will not be used / reviewed in connection with your application for employment.

I identify my gender as:

I identify as transgender:

I consider myself a member of the LGBTQ+ community

I identify my sexual orientation as:

I identify my ethnicity as:

Veteran status:

I have a physical disability: