Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a QA Tester to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
The RMM development team is headquartered in Amersham, England. Manual and automated testing is performed on the RMM product. The UK QA team manages the testing effort and is involved in hands-on testing, supported by an offshore team of manual testers in Moldova and automation testers in Datto’s Beijing office. A vacancy exists for an additional tester to join the UK QA team. You will be a part of the manual testing team, but may be given the opportunity to support the automation team if you have automation experience (Selenium WebDriver). You will report to the Manager of QA.
Does This Describe You:
You can go with the flow and are creative and enthusiastic.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Review user stories for completeness of acceptance criteria
- Create manual test scripts that test the user stories from multiple angles
- Provide accurate estimates for testing effort on assigned work
- Execute script-based manual tests
- Investigate, report and retest bugs observing our agreed processes
- Ensure application usability, functionality, security, and performance
- Ensure that personal and team goals are met
- Participate in meetings
- Occasional late night testing of deployments
- 3+ years of experience as a tester, with proven technical skills
- Solid knowledge of JIRA, Confluence, and Zephyr
- Experience testing complex applications, not just simple websites/microsites
- Good understanding of SDLC and QA best practice
- API, Network and Security testing
- Linux – all distros
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Private medical insurance
- Free lunch every Friday
- Generous paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.