Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Intrusion Monitoring Analyst to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
Datto is looking for an Intrusion Monitoring Analyst to enhance their existing security event monitoring practices as an essential member of the security operations program. The Intrusion Monitoring Analyst will partner with engineering teams to advance intrusion monitoring visibility, workflows, and program capabilities. The role will report to the head of security operations. This is a hands-on technical individual contributor role that will work with a variety of tools to protect the enterprise and offer both monitoring and engineering experience. You are an ideal candidate if you have experience in intrusion monitoring and incident response and want to improve a program, gain security engineering experience, and perform incident response in a large-scale environment.
Does This Describe You:
You are a deep thinker, a force for change, and when dissatisfied with the status quo, are willing to change it yourself.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Provide important support to security engineering projects of varying size and technical complexity to enhance the intrusion monitoring posture
- Strategize and debate the direction of the security operations program as an essential contributor
- Holistically deploy, maintain, and tune new security controls important to the security operations mission
- Perform daily intrusion monitoring and alert analysis responsibilities
- Establish process and documentation that support achievement of compliance programs
- Create, maintain and execute incident response playbooks
- Test, deploy, and tune new alerts based on program strategy and current threats facing Datto
- Partner with other teams to identify, resolve, and reduce vulnerabilities and risks
- Collaborate with vendors and other third parties independently in pursuit of program goals
- Solve security challenges at scale while balancing usability, stability, scalability, and performance
- Stay up-to-date with news and trends in information security including new vulnerabilities, methodologies, and products
- Create and track investigations to a resolution both internal to security operations as well as holding other department members accountable
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, management information systems or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of experience in a security event analysis, intrusion monitoring, and incident response role
- Experience implementing and managing security controls and/or processes
- Experience with SIEM and log aggregation solutions like Splunk, QRadar, LogRhythm, Exabeam, ElasticSearch, Security Onion, SumoLogic, etc.
- Experience with scripting and system automation (Bash, Python, Perl, Awk, etc.)
- Experience using OSINT threat intelligence to support monitoring workloads
- Experience analyzing Linux systems and environments for malicious activity
- Experience with performing endpoint forensics and analysis with technologies such as Crowdstrike, SentinelOne, Carbon Black, etc.
- Direct hands-on working knowledge with a variety of security technologies including Firewall, VPN, NGAV, SIEM, IDS/IPS, EDR, DLP, malware analysis, content filtering, logical access controls, content filtering technologies, vulnerability scanners, disk, and memory forensics software
- Familiar with SANS 20 Critical Controls, OWASP Top 10, Cyber Kill Chain, Mitre Attack, and other frameworks
- Relevant security certification such as GCIA, GNFA, GREM, GCIH, GCDA, and GCFA
- Relevant systems certification such as MCSA, MCSE, RHCSA, or LPIC
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited paid time off
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.