Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Technical Writer Intern to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
We're looking for a tech-savvy, responsible intern to join our growing Content Development team. In this position, you will be asked to learn the ins-and-outs of our daily routines and procedures, learn technical writing style and best practices, and work with stakeholders to write technical articles for the Knowledge Base. You will report to the Supervisor of Technical Training.
Does This Describe You:
You're an excellent writer who is also a great team player!
A Look Inside the Job:
- Convert raw technical information to customer-facing Knowledge Base content
- Collaborate with product owners and experts to write new customer-facing technical content
- Update existing documentation to adhere to Datto’s Knowledge Management Content Standard
- Develop an understanding of company product lines and document structure
- Learn and work within an Agile Scrum model
- Perform additional content curation functions
- Enrolled in a communications, technical writing, computer science, computing security, or software engineering degree program, or a related field of study
- Proficiency working with HTML
- Passion for organizing technical information to make it usable by a broad audience
- Experience working to deadlines and project goals
- Experience working with ticketing systems
- Quick with learning and understanding new technical concepts
- Previous experience working with a Content Management System (CMS) is preferred
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible working hours
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Charity match program
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.