Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Product Designer to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
As a Product Designer, you will be involved in every aspect of product development, from whiteboarding and wireframing, to reviewing the final touches with Product Management and Engineering. You will lead projects with engineers and product managers, ensuring that requirements have been met and edge cases have been addressed. As an advocate of the Datto user, you will understand their technical and business challenges to create elegant solutions for complex problems. By applying your skills in experience design, interaction design, and visual design, you will help influence the design process and best practices. You will inspire the teams around you, leading by example and becoming a mentor for more junior members on the product design team. You will report to the Manager, Product Management.
Does This Describe You:
You are an incredible designer with amazing design skills and a people-focused design mentality.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Help define and implement the user experience for Datto’s products and services
- Lead design projects across multiple product launches and lifecycles
- Set the vision for how users work with the product
- Develop a deep understanding of Datto’s users through user research, journey mapping, personas, and analysis of behavior and desired outcomes
- Partner closely with engineering, product, and business team members to solve product and business challenges through design
- Be responsible for the delivery of your work from concept through delivery, down to the last detail
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to move between high, medium, and low fidelity output
- Help shape Datto’s collaborative design culture by building relationships and helping improve process throughout the organization
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in a product design/user experience role
- A strong portfolio demonstrating real-world product design experience from ideation to completion
- Experience managing projects simultaneously while working with multiple teams in a highly collaborative environment
- The ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision, before thinking “how should it look” you think “what should we build”
- You have a user-focused design mentality
- You are constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback
- A Bachelor's degree in a related field, such as Graphic Design, HCI, Interactive Design. SCRUM or other agile development methods
- Comfortable working within Sketch or Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of version control with GIT
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited paid time off
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.