Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Network Engineer to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
A Network Engineer oversees and logically troubleshoots highly technical issues to reach a final resolution. You recommend solutions to solve these issues and partner with other team members to meet common goals. You have a good base understanding of BGP and other datacenter technologies and are eager to learn and work on new hardware and technologies. You're not afraid to take new challenges on and can succeed with minimal daily management. You will be respectful to all other departments and report to the Manager of Network Engineering.
Does This Describe You:
You're great at staying level headed, can change gears when its called for and are a phenomenal team player with internal and external customers!
A Look Inside the Job:
- Diagnose and resolve highly technical networking situations and problems
- Oversee chronic network issues and the functionally of the network
- Maintain and verify all hardware is running within specified parameters and complete upgrade tasks when deficiencies are found
- Troubleshoot Internet routing issues, communicate with peers/providers, and execute solutions to solve service impacting situations
- Partner with network hardware vendors to diagnose and recommend resolutions for hardware outages, bugs, and scalability limitations
- Research and work with new networking hardware or technologies
- Work with security devices to deploy ACLs, VPNs, and IDS/IPS services
- Work on call for one week out of each month
- Help with management of NMS systems as well as scripting for network operations tasks
- Previous data-center networking experience
- Experienced in troubleshooting techniques
- 2 to 5 years of work experience as a network engineer preferably backed by current Cisco CCNP and/or Juniper certifications
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Hands-on working experience with Cisco NX-OS, ASAs, Palo Alto, Juniper, and HP Comware series devices
- Detailed understanding of BGP
- In-depth knowledge of route-maps and traffic engineering with BGP
- Detailed security experienced with ACLs, IPsec, SSL, traffic inspection, and next-gen security techniques
- A working understanding of networking technologies such as MSTP, 802.3ad, OSPF, route reflectors, confederations, HSRP, BFD, IPv6, FIB/RIB, distributed forwarding, Netflow, AAA, layer 2 switching, and QoS
- Experience with scripting languages like Perl, PHP, and shell scripting
- Experience using automation systems such as Ansible, Git, Salt, Jenkins, and Puppet
- Experience using and managing systems such as syslog, Oxidized, Zabbix, and Tacacs
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited paid time off
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.