Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Software Engineering Intern to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
The engineering team at Datto is a collaborative organization consisting of engineers with the highest levels of technical depth, programming skill, and a passion for quality. As a Software Engineering Intern, you will write cutting-edge backup solutions, and work in Agile teams side-by-side with our full-time engineers, taking on as much coding responsibility as your talents permit. For candidates that do not have housing within a commutable distance to our Boston or Norwalk office, Datto provides low-cost housing for the length of your internship/co-op or a stipend.
Does This Describe You:
You're a team player and a creative thinker.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Participate as a member of a Scrum team collaborating, conceiving and developing scalable, performant, secure solutions for Datto’s products
- Program in a Linux-heavy (Ubuntu) environment
- Contribute to the improvement of the development process
- Practice the team’s software development process while exhibiting Datto’s core values
- Pursuing BS, MS in Computer Science or related field
- Previous programming experience with object-oriented programming languages (PHP, Java, C++, Python, etc.)
- Understanding of Linux and the command line tools
- Knowledge of relational databases, specifically MySQL
- A passion for creatively solving problems
- Undergraduate Junior (graduating within the next year)
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible working hours
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Charity match program
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.