Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Manager of Software Engineering to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
Datto is looking for an experienced manager for our Boston, Rochester or Norwalk based software engineering teams. This position requires someone with the knowledge of what it takes to build productive and collaborative Agile teams. The perfect candidate has a passion for developing people professionally, as well as the technical chops to assess engineering performance without overshadowing the project’s technical architect. You will report to the Sr. Director of Quality Assurance.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Conduct one-on-one and performance reviews, and assist with career pathing and goal setting
- Oversee the daily operations of software engineering teams
- Work on strategic projects laid out by senior management
- Oversee the health of our software engineering teams, each led by their product owner and principal software engineer, to ensure each team provides code increments that contribute to the business while protecting the technical health of the product
- Help decide, measure, and improve team-level operational metrics
- Report on the status of the software development teams, quality, operations, and system performance to senior management
- 5+ years in a management role, responsible for 10 or more engineers in an Agile environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills that allow you to inspire others
- Excellent relaying information, both verbally and written, with experience communicating well with executives and non-technical leaders
- Strong analytical skills with excellent problem-solving abilities
- Strong presentation and leadership skills
- Experience juggling tasks in an energized environment
- Demonstrated technical skills. E.g., as evidenced by some combination of: BS in a technical field such as Computer Science, Software Engineering, EE, or Mathematics; Work experience as a software engineer including experience with object-oriented design, development frameworks, and/or web services; Work experience in a technical position working in collaboration with software engineers
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited paid time off
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.