Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Sales Engineer to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
You will report to the Director of Sales Engineering.
Does This Describe You:
You're an amazing team player!
A Look Inside the Job:
- Operate with a Customer Service mindset at all times
- Grow to have a fluent understanding of the capabilities of Software Portfolio
- Engage with prospective customers during the sales process to understand their goals and important business issues and then to position how we and 3rd party integrations will aid in addressing these areas
- Provide technical demonstrations of product capabilities to both group and individual audiences
- Be a technical resource to sales representatives to determine solutions to questions that cannot easily be answered by them
- Prepare documented responses to RFIs and RFQs on opportunities that require them Construct Proof-of-Concept demonstrations to prospective customers when needed
- Create and maintain sample demonstration data, especially after each release, to support our evolving value propositions
- Provide training to the sales team on new product enhancements as they become available
- Prepare documented competitive analyses to be used by the sales team
- Work in a manner that provides accountability and visibility on all active tasks
- Ability to travel for several days at a time
- You have an inviting and charismatic personality
- Minimum of 3 years of successful field sales experience
- Knowledge of Internet technologies and the understanding of the SaaS business model
- Knowledge of the IT Professional Services marketplace required, no exceptions
- You pursue excellence in all tasks
- Experience determining customer requirements and creating functional specifications
- A creative and systematic mindset
- Comfort with working in a computer technology industry
- An attitude that is high-energy, result driven and always willing to help
- Experience configuring and using RMM or IT Monitoring Software BA/BS in Business Administration, Engineering, Information Technology, or related field
- Knowledge of MSP’s, CRM, or ERP markets
- Experience selling on demand, web-hosted software applications
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited paid time off
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.