Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Sales Engineer to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
You will report to the Director of Sales Engineering.
Does This Describe You:
You are a creative thinker that loves a challenge!
A Look Inside the Job:
- Maintain knowledge of competitive products to ensure the capability to address and dispel partner objections to Datto solutions
- Maintain an evolving understanding of how Datto Networking aligns in the marketplace. Use this knowledge to communicate value to partners, prospects, and internal resources
- Be an expert on networking technologies, including Datto Networking product line, regulations and standards, and the changing technical landscape as it relates to networking
- Support increasing channel and end-user adoption of Datto Networking products through events and training, seminars, webinars, technical trainings, and other activities
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations, explaining products or services to customers and prospective customers
- Collaborate with sales teams to understand customer requirements and provide sales support
- Confer with customers and engineers to assess equipment needs and to determine system requirements, including preparing technical documentation and advising on a proper bill of materials to meet the needs of the opportunity
- Align value proposition and technical capabilities to partner needs and provide detailed explanations of how Datto Networking products and services can benefit our partners' competitive advantages both now and into the future
- Help clients solve problems with installed equipment
- Help research and develop new products based on partner feedback and competitive offerings
- Train partners and sales colleagues on Datto products from a technical perspective
- Travel (when needed) for face-to-face meetings and events
- Drive coordination of technical resources both internally and externally to close prospective opportunities
- A team player and customer-focused
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills with experience presenting to groups
- Detailed security experienced with ACLs, IPsec, SSL, traffic inspection, and DDoS mitigation techniques
- Advanced networking product and technical knowledge
- Experience selling to customer needs, overcoming technical objections and focusing on the customer benefits of product features
- Advanced troubleshooting skills
- 3+ years experience as a networking product specialist or network/sales engineer CCNP/CCDP level or comparable experience level in routing, switching and Wifi
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited paid time off
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.