Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for an Infrastructure Engineering Intern to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
Does This Describe You:
You're quick to learn, love Linux and can raise a hand when something doesn't look right.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Participate in the installation and operation of over 2,000 Ubuntu Linux servers
- Ensure system stability, scalability, security, and performance
- Create and maintain documentation surrounding our infrastructure
- Think out of the box and solve complex scaling challenges
- Work with developers to construct solutions to analytics problems
- Other related duties as assigned
- Able to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills—documentation skills mandatory
- Good diagnostic expertise including problem investigation, root-cause analysis, and resolution skills
- The desire and ability to see a problem through to a complete solution
- Able to quickly acquire new skills and thrive in a team-based environment
- Ready to leave attitude at the door, be receptive to new ideas, and able to switch projects at the drop of a hat
- Professional and courteous attitude
- Capable of effectively managing time and pushing multiple projects at once
- Undergraduate Junior (graduating within the next year)
- Solid configuration management skills: Puppet preferred but Ansible/Chef/Salt acceptable
- Experience with Linux administration, Ubuntu preferred
- Experience with HAProxy, Nginx, httpd, or MySQL
- Experience with scripting and system automation (Bash, Python, Perl, Awk, etc.)
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible working hours
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Charity match program
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.