Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Sales Engineer to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
The primary function of Datto Networking Sales Engineers is to provide technical expertise on Datto Networking products and technologies to support both partners and the internal organization. This role must have extensive knowledge of the product lineup, features and functions, and must have a deep understanding of industry standards and networking fundamentals.
Does This Describe You:
You're technically savvy with the ability to meld with an excellent culture.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Maintain an expert-level working knowledge of the Datto Networking product line
- Maintain knowledge of competitive products to enable the capability to effectively address and dispel partner objections to Datto solutions
- Maintain a continually evolving understanding of how Datto Networking aligns in the marketplace. Use this knowledge to articulate value to partners, prospects, and internal resources
- Serve as subject matter expert on networking technologies, regulations and standards, and the changing technical landscape as it relates to networking
- Assist in increasing channel and end-user adoption of Datto Networking products through events and training, seminars, webinars, technical trainings, and other activities as appropriate
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations, explaining products or services to customers and prospective customers
- Collaborate with sales teams to understand customer requirements and provide sales support as needed
- Confer with customers and engineers to assess equipment needs and to determine system requirements, including preparing technical documentation and advising on proper bill of materials to meet the needs of the opportunity
- Align value proposition and technical capabilities to partner needs and provide detailed explanations of how Datto Networking products and services can benefit our partners' competitive advantages both now and into the future
- Help clients solve problems with installed equipment
- Assist in researching and developing new products based on partner feedback and competitive offerings
- Train partners and sales colleagues on Datto products from a technical perspective
- Travel (when needed) for face to face meetings and events
- Drive coordination of technical resources both internally and externally as needed to close prospective opportunities
- Calm under pressure, a team player, flexible, and customer focused
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with experience presenting to groups
- Detailed security experienced with ACLs, IPsec, SSL, traffic inspection, and DDoS mitigation techniques
- Advanced technical problem solving skills
- Advanced networking product and technical knowledge
- Able to sell to customer needs, overcome technical objections and focus on the customer benefits of product features
- Highly skilled in troubleshooting techniques
- Good organizational and time management skills
- 3+ years experience as a networking product specialist or network/sales engineer
- CCNP/CCDP level or comparable experience level in routing, switching and Wifi
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Free lunch every Friday
- Generous paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.