Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Director to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
Datto is looking for an experienced, excellence-obsessed and driven Director of Global Sales Training. You will help build and deliver a world-class continuous learning and development program for our fast-growing global sales organization. You will lead a team that will create and provide impactful, engaging and memorable training programs that ultimately result in high sales productivity. Datto has a dynamic, 400+ person global sales organization with teams spread across the globe. This position requires constant and tight collaboration with Sales Leadership, Sales Operations, Marketing, Product and other vital functions in the organization. You will serve as a consultant to the sales SVPs, VPs, and Regional Sales Managers to gather best practices from top performers and develop training priorities on an ongoing basis, with a clear and measurable business goal in mind. This role will report to the VP Revenue Operations.
Does This Describe You:
You're a builder with a creative mind and a great team player.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Lead the global sales training function
- Participate in Sales Leadership planning meetings to support the strategic direction of Datto’s global sales function
- Gather best practices from top performers, develop and institutionalize training materials and program based on those best practices
- Develop and deliver training and enablement programs to sales team including new hire boot camp, ongoing training, new product launches, sales kick-offs, mentor programs, curriculum development, etc.
- Develop and deliver training and enablement programs directed to channel partner MSPs
- Establish and implement an instructional design methodology for both instructor-led content and self-paced, digital content which offers a blended and "right-sized" experience for audiences within the scope of assigned projects
- Design and develop, in conjunction with outsourced vendors as necessary, learning assets for our global teams to support learning at scale
- Work closely with the training delivery team and outsourced vendors to develop effective and engaging training programs for current and newly-hired employees
- Conduct content development sessions and lead discussions around how to identify learning objectives and which learning modalities are most appropriate
- Identify and define the ROI metrics for the sales methodology and utilize for continuous improvement
- Build relationships with L&D and other cross-functional business partners, globally, to collaborate on skill gaps and learning priorities
- This role is based in our corporate office in Norwalk, CT with global travel required
- 5+ years of experience working in sales
- 5+ years of experience in sales training/sales enablement
- 3+ years of experience in people management
- Experience in consulting with leaders and stakeholders, with a proven track record of establishing relationships and the ability to be a strategic partner (vs. just execution)
- Business acumen and marketing familiarity
- Experience designing and delivering learning programs to reflect knowledge in adult learning principles, both inside and outside of traditional classroom environments
- Experience in project managing internal cross-functional teams and outsourced vendors
- Training curriculum (learning path) development and delivery experience is preferred
- Strong communication, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent program management and project management skills
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited paid time off
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.