About Datera: Datera is the only 100% software-based data services platform that powers high-performance application environments @ global scale with game-changing data orchestration and automation. Partnering with leaders in server technology, Datera enables the software-defined data center of the future; all at a 70% lower total cost of ownership and operation.
Job responsibilities include:
- Customer pre-sales support during customer technology trials, helping customers setup, test and benchmark a solution.
- Post-sales, pre-production solution design, helping customers develop best practices and operation procedures.
- Post-sales, production deployment, helping customers troubleshoot and resolve product and ecosystem issues.
- Pre-release feature functionality and ecosystem integration testing.
- Testing product workarounds prior to applying a remedy on customer site.
- Customer advocacy; helping our engineering team to meet customer requirements on quality and functionality completeness.
- Work with technology partners to resolve ecosystem customer issues.
- Infrequent travel to customer sites and datacenters.
- B.S. or higher degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- 3+ years of industry experience in testing, system engineering or technical support.
- Hands-on experience in all three technical areas: Storage, Networking and Linux.
- Experience working in a lab, setting up servers, switches/routers and storage devices.
- Good communication skills to interact with customers in person and via teleconference.
- Basic scripting skills with Linux shell or python.
- Server virtualization (Linux, VmWare).
- Automation and orchestration with OpenStack and Kubernetes.