You are an exceptional engineer on a mission to make a serious impact in your next job. You have the taste to recognize interesting problems, the talent to create elegant solutions, and the drive to deliver disruptive products. As a software Engineer in Test you will continuously design creative ways to enable quality in our products. You will be responsible for driving quality for all aspects of our products.
- Build automated test suites to exercise our world-class products.
- Analyze and decompose a complicated software system and design a strategy to test our products with a mindset for automated customer experience.
- Design and develop functional, performance and end to end product test suites & necessary automation frameworks.
- Participate in architecture and design reviews of complex solutions in cross-team engineering efforts and own quality perspectives for the design.
- Champion automated quality across various teams.
- Understand Datera eco-system and propose appropriate test strategies.
- Design, code, and execute reliable automation.
- Continual improvement in performance, scalability and security using quality process and analysis.
- B.S. Degree or higher in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
- Software development experience.
- 3+ years work experience, including development and/or test automation experience.
- Coding experience in at least one main stream coding language (Preferred: Python).
- Hands on experience with troubleshooting linux/unix systems.
- Developed automation frameworks.
- Experience in full system testing, creating and executing test plans.
- Hands on experience testing enterprise class storage systems.
- Knowledge of internet technologies.
- Bachelor's or Master's or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field.
Datera is building cloud scale infrastructure for enterprises and service providers, with game changing economics, performance and operational simplification. Datera leads and drives Linux IO standards, and in addition is driving Cloud 2.0 consumption policy framework in OpenStack, Docker, Kubernetes and Mesos. This is accelerating the adoption of Cloud 2.0 agile data centers pursuing beyond VMware, to a evolving system architecture, new-age data stacks, analytics and NoSQL scaling, and XaaS defragmentation.