Datavant is a rapidly growing healthcare technology company with a mission to connect the world’s healthcare data. By eliminating data silos in the healthcare industry, we aim to meaningfully improve care delivery and patient outcomes.
By joining Datavant today, you’re stepping onto a highly collaborative team that is passionate about creating transformative change in healthcare. We look for people who are smart, nice and get things done. We invest in our people and believe in hiring for high-potential and humble individuals who can rapidly grow their responsibilities as the company scales. Datavant is pioneering privacy-preserving technology, and we take the security and protection of our product and our customers’ data seriously.
In this role, you’ll own ensuring that the commercial contracts and business engine powering Datavant keeps running smoothly and continues to scale as the company grows, enabling us to help transform the healthcare industry.
- Draft, negotiate, and advise cross-functional teams on a wide variety of commercial agreements, including new business development initiatives, software licenses, data agreements, partnership agreements, and vendor contracts.
- Provide thoughtful and practical business and legal advice on various legal risks, business strategies, and other issues related to commercial transactions and general operations.
- Manage and resolve complicated issues related to commercial deals, and drive alignment with various cross-functional teams.
- Own the entire contracting cycle--from initial draft to execution--working with business teams to drive contract negotiations to timely and successful completion.
- Build, streamline, and operationalize the company’s contracting process to help us scale.
- J.D., with strong academic credentials and membership in at least one U.S. state bar.
- 5+ years of commercial transaction experience with significant experience drafting, negotiating, and managing commercial deals for technology companies (either in-house or at a law firm).
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, with ability to advocate for a position while maintaining collaborative and open-minded approach.
- Highly organized, reliable, detail-oriented, and diligent.
- Ability to work on multiple issues simultaneously and to set appropriate priorities with clients and to deliver results efficiently.
- Proven ability to provide entrepreneurial, pragmatic, business-oriented advice, with a dedication to superior customer service.
- Ability to operate autonomously while being a team player who brings a positive attitude to the job.
- Experience working on healthcare or life sciences-related commercial agreements.
- Experience and knowledge of U.S. and international privacy laws, including HIPAA and GDPR.
- Demonstrated ability to operationalize and scale the commercial contracting process.