Datavant is a rapidly growing healthcare technology company with a mission to connect the world’s healthcare data. By eliminating data silos in the healthcare industry, we aim to meaningfully improve care delivery and patient outcomes.
By joining Datavant today, you’re stepping onto a highly collaborative team that is passionate about creating transformative change in healthcare. We look for people who are smart, nice and get things done. We invest in our people and believe in hiring for high-potential and humble individuals who can rapidly grow their responsibilities as the company scales. Datavant is a privacy-first company and we take the security and protection of our product and our customers’ data seriously and we’re pioneering privacy-preserving technology.
In this role you will be the life sciences expert within Datavant, providing guidance and deliverables to the Product, Go-To-Market and Marketing teams to enable the right products to be created and Datavant to expand its footprint and depth in life sciences. Experience working on software products within a product team is not required for this role.
- Deeply understand our customers and potential customers. Be the expert on how they work/function, what their pains and opportunities are, how they view Datavant and what their data strategies are or should be.
- Develop a nuanced understanding of Datavant’s value proposition, how it compares to competitors/alternatives and how the market will evolve.
- Develop expertise about Datavant’s ecosystem of data sources and data consumers: know their strengths, objectives, existing relationships and supported use cases.
- Develop detailed plans for solutions that Datavant can take to market repeatedly, building on top of Datavant’s leading technology and ecosystem. Communicate these plans crisply via Market Requirements Documents and advocate for them internally.
- Work with the Go-To-Market and Marketing teams to develop commercialization plans and materials for new solutions and to improve existing solutions.
- Pitch new solutions to clients to test and generate new ideas.
- Work with the Product team to conduct market research and inform the roadmap planning process. Ensure Datavant’s products will deliver on new solutions and provide guidance on requirements.
- Work across departments to get buy in on solutions and align how people think/talk.
- Be the voice of the customer
- Be a subject matter expert on the health data ecosystem and use cases
- Be “in the field” at customers, partners and conferences.
- Be the owner of select strategic relationships
- 10+ years of experience in the healthcare industry, including experience in Life Sciences
- 5+ years of experience in a role that works with health data
- Strong networker with ability to maintain and develop executive relationships
- Bias towards action and ability to work independently
- Familiarity with Life Sciences data strategies & Real World Data
- Familiarity with clinical trials - from process to technology used
- Excited to interact with sales teams and customers
- Passionate about building a business that transforms the healthcare industry
- Able to effectively handle challenges that have never been handled before
- Extremely strategic, creative, entrepreneurial, and self-sufficient
- Good team player and exceptional communicator internally and externally