Datavant Chief of Staff
Datavant's CEO is on the lookout for his right hand -- this is a rare opportunity, designed to keep you on the steep part of the learning curve and a great way to learn the inner workings of a fast-growing technology company. We're looking for someone who is deeply dedicated to their work, has a track record of delivering high quality results, and able to maintain a laser focus on both the trees and the forest. This person will support many aspects of the CEO’s work and gain a deep understanding of the company, leadership, and operations.
A Chief of Staff will give our CEO leverage, own whole projects and get them off his plate. This could involve strategic projects like acquisitions or major growth drivers that don’t naturally fall elsewhere on the team, or it could be driving key internal initiatives. Projects range from evaluating and executing on acquisitions, launching new initiatives and new offices, special projects (like building a Board of Directors, establishing a thought leadership dinner series, launching a second office, etc.), managing engagement with our investors and Board, and generally being a sounding board and “sparring partner” for the CEO.
With an effective Chief of Staff in place, our CEO would rarely say “I’m not able to focus on what I do best” or “that important priority fell through the cracks”.
- You never let things fall through the cracks. You’ll be crucial in keeping daily/weekly trains on the tracks.
- You hunger for a holistic view of the business, and knowledge on how to deploy that strategic perspective to drive cross-functional results.
- You’re comfortable with projects that have ambiguous execution steps.
- You’re a world class communicator: you make compelling business propositions via conversation and presentation.
- You have an affection for startup scrappiness.
- You’re exceptionally detail-oriented and analytical.
- You have zero ego: no job too small or too big mindset.
- You have strong relationship management skills: engaging, motivating, communicating and executing.
- You thrive in a multi-tasking environment and can adjust priorities on-the-fly.
- You’re driven: No one needs to push you; it’s just who you are.
- You’re eager to learn, adapt and perfect your work; you seek out help and put it to good use.
Please apply here.