Datavant is looking for sophomores and juniors to join our software engineering team for a summer internship. Ideal candidates love big data, thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, and share our drive to transform the healthcare industry. In exchange for your summer, we'll give you ownership and unprecedented responsibility from day one, not to mention the most growth in an internship experience you can pack into three months.
At Datavant, we believe in learning by doing, so we give you access to our code base on your first day. We want our interns to dive in so you can make the most of your time here. By the end of your first week, you will have built, fixed (and probably broken!) things in our production code. That’s not only okay; it’s expected. One of our guiding values is "give more responsibility, have fewer rules.”
We’re firm believers in growing our team members. Don’t know our tech stack well? No problem. You’ll work alongside our engineers and enjoy mentorship and guidance from experienced leaders and learn what you need to succeed on the job. We don’t give interns low-priority or ‘side projects’ - everyone on the team will own a specific project that improves our product in a meaningful way.
At Datavant, we have a bias toward action. We believe hard work leads to personal and professional growth. We celebrate pushing outside of our comfort zone. To date, we’ve raised $40 million, acquired a company, launched a software-as-a-service (SAAS) product, delivered value to many paying customers, and we’re building a world class team and culture. Want to join the team? Here’s what you need:
- Strong coding capability (tech stack doesn't matter -- it can be learned on the job)
- Demonstrated technical excellence, especially working with big data and data flows
- Great at working with non-artificial intelligence: good team player, and exceptional communicator
- Passionate about building a big business that transforms the healthcare industry
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excited about the ambiguity of an entrepreneurial, rapidly growing company, and able to juggle many projects and responsibilities
All students are welcome to apply -- we have a bias towards current juniors, but we encourage everyone to submit their resume for consideration