Datavant is looking for a sales expert to lead our sales organization who loves to hustle, thrives in an entrepreneurial environment, and shares our drive to transform the healthcare industry.
Datavant’s Chief Revenue Officer, reporting to the CEO, will holistically lead the development and execution of go-to-market strategy.
Specifically, the CRO will own:
- Assembling a top performing sales team. You have an exceptional bench of talent to recruit from to build out an effective team, then you’ll nurture, develop, and push the team to hit high performance standards
- Supporting your team to close deals. Partner with your team members on key deals. Spot issues before they explode, see opportunities on the horizon.
- Implementing sales tactics and scaling them when appropriate. You should come with a playbook but be willing to adjust and update it. Drive pitch scripts, customer segmentation, message testing, demand generation, filling feature gaps that are holding up deals. Chart the path to maximize revenue per lead with a repeatable process.
- Driving sales strategy. Bring a strategic lens to selling, where and how to deploy resources, when to expand, when to defend, how to differentiate.
- Creating, owning, and selling deals.
- Experience defining and executing an enterprise GTM strategy that has taken a SaaS company through revenue ramp from $0M-$50M+
- Experience in SaaS in healthcare/life sciences is terrific; must have experience with recurring revenue models and subscription sales.
- Motivation to improve health outcomes
- A good salesperson in your own right, you have a balance of sales acumen (and can help others become world-class salespeople) and experience managing, building, and inspiring sales teams.
- Track record of success growing and scaling a sales engine, ideally with experience in the early days of under $15m revenue
- A critical thinker and strategic partner to the CEO and leadership team. Willing to challenge the executive team on business direction, but then align once decisions are made. Ability to “disagree and commit” is important to us.
- Located in (or willing to relocate to) San Francisco
Datavant is defined by who we hire. We hire for three traits in any role:
- people who are smart
- people who are nice,
- people who get things done
We hire only people who score an A+ on all three of these traits. We won’t compromise on any of these three traits. We want a company where all people who fit these three traits can be comfortable bringing their best selves. Diversity and inclusion are critical ingredients to success.
Additional characteristics we look for in a CRO:
- Comfortable with risk and has a bias for action. Thrives in world of lofty goals and limited resources. Prioritizes the long-term success of the company and mission.
- Comfort in the ambiguity and fast-paced startup environment that’s guided by “act reasonably” more than “follow the rules”
- Unquestionable integrity, always demonstrating and expecting high moral character.
- Communicator and synthesizer: Able to bring back the voice of the customer and engage thoughtfully with Product and other functions. Can craft, distill and deliver powerful messages that convey meaning and value to our team and our clients.
- Proactive, and hands-on operator who will be able to command the respect of the entire company through leadership, intelligence, hard work, presence, and empathy.