Do you believe ensuring that AI models are available and working correctly is even more critical than other software? Are you interested in joining a startup early enough to really innovate while building on a wave of already proven success? Would you like to be part of an AI movement seeking independence from big toy workbenches and cloud roadmap promises?
What You Will Do
As a Principal Software Engineer on our team, you will be have the opportunity to range from technical to solution to integration architecture, and help our senior and junior engineers to follow strong application design, distributed systems, and dependency management. You will play integrator for builds and releases, and identify improvements to SDLC automation based on your familiarity and research with new tools and techniques. You will also understand our functionality with enough expertise to work closely with customer technical staff when needed, to answer questions or escalated issues from our Customer Success team, or to guide implementation for new customer evaluations. Additionally, you will collaborate with data scientists and product designers to rapidly prototype new platform capabilities or user features, as well as handle hands-on coding for deep refactoring or cross-cutting sub-systems.
What Would Help Us
- Someone with the breadth that 8+ years of coding brings, spending quality time at more than one end or tier of the stack
- People who also like being hands on with software infrastructure, particularly Kubernetes, Terraform, Airflow, Postgres and NGINX
- People who have built APIs that were really used as APIs, and not just for the UI to do its job
- You having some practical experience with performance optimization across distributed or elastic services
- Use of AWS, Azure, or GCP managed services on occasion
- Integrating Redis, Postgres, Mongo and Kafka better with our platform as we keep extending our use cases
- Of course, knowing something about ML and data science, but that's not necessarily required
What We Offer
- A culture of growth with the room to learn
- Medical/dental/vision insurance plans
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% remote work options
- A talented team around you equally committed to success
- Gym reimbursement
At Datatron, we create technology for the growing number of companies recognizing the need to ensure reliable machine learning as part of their operations, aiding them with the implications of making their proliferating models available and observable. We don't believe only proprietary software or public clouds should make this possible, nor should they dictate what metrics are available to evaluate model effectiveness. We provide customers with their own distributable version of our Kubernetes, Python and React developed platform, and with this, they achieve well-governed model ops, making it easy to catalog, validate, deploy, scale, and continually measure performance for degradation or error...all agnostic to what the model was built with. As the world becomes more reliant on AI to make decisions and draw conclusions, we fill a critical and widening gap today between the models that customers build and train, and the versions that end up fitting their business expectations, while also providing the means to continually assess that they are remaining reliable.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity very highly at our company. For us, diversity is the true key to innovation and everyone in the Datatron family is equally embraced for their unique perspective and experiences. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Datatron is committed to the safety of its colleagues and clients. Given the current status of the COVID-19 pandemic and our current requirement to be in the office physically 3 days a week, we require all employees to show proof of vaccination against the virus. Datatron is committed to following the guidelines set out by the CDC and EEOC. For more information, please see here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html and here: https://www.eeoc.gov/coronavirus.