Our world relies on AI more and more each day. But what does it actually mean for AI to be ‘reliable’? As you consider the question, are you finding that the rabbit hole grows deeper and deeper? Does it intrigue you as both a necessary and valuable question for people to answer? If so, we’d love to meet you.
At Datatron, we create technology to help the growing number of companies sprinting towards reliance on machine learning as part of their operations. Our combination of model ops and governance products ensure machine learning artifacts created by our customers are easy for them to deploy, highly available, and continuously measured for target performance...regardless of how they were developed. We help them guard against bias and drift, safely manage the release of new versions, and alert them to potential issues as they arise. We take pride in the unique, agnostic platform we provide and believe we are contributing to the cause of ethical AI; after all, can it fundamentally be ethical if you cannot rely on it?
As a Data Scientist on our team, you will be one of our primary subject matter experts and responsible for innovation in our products. You will be a leading voice in the field of AI governance, inventing cutting edge analysis techniques for assessing model performance, recommending the best means to evaluate the model across many domains and technologies to provide the widest support possible for our customer’s data science teams. You will interact with fellow data scientists in different enterprises to understand what and how they deploy, how to effectively manage the necessary dependencies and support their operational realities, then collaborating with our product designers and engineers to create compelling new software features for our platform.
We’re looking for people who have:
- At least 3 to 5 years of full-time experience previously developing models for production use
- Insight into how the operational realities of data science can be better managed and accelerated
- Significant focus in the past on algorithm selection and identifying deployment considerations
- Previous developed models requiring ensembling and sequential or multi-stage inference
- Validated multiple forms of structured and unstructured data against machine learning output
- Visualized inference results for benchmarking, comparing iterations, and identifying anomalies
- Experience with two or more popular machine learning frameworks and workbench products
- A willingness to adapt, are passionate about accelerating model lifecycles, and capable of working independently, putting in extra effort when necessary, as we are an early stage startup
Our benefits include:
- Medical/dental/vision coverage
- Lunch provided daily (and dinner when required!)
- Abundant snacks and drinks
- Dedicated, heavily discounted parking and Clipper Direct
- Gym reimbursement
- Weekly happy hours and monthly company outings
- $10k referral bonuses, because after we hire you, we’d love to hire some of your friends!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity very highly at our company. For us, diversity is the true key to innovation and everyone in the Datatron family is equally embraced for their unique perspective and experiences. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.