Our world relies on AI more and more each day. But what does it actually mean for AI to be ‘reliable’? As you consider the question, are you finding that the rabbit hole grows deeper and deeper? Does it intrigue you as both a necessary and valuable question for people to answer? If so, we’d love to meet you.
At Datatron, we create technology to help the growing number of companies sprinting towards reliance on machine learning as part of their operations. Our combination of model ops and governance products ensure machine learning artifacts created by our customers are easy for them to deploy, highly available, and continuously measured for target performance...regardless of how they were developed. We help them guard against bias and drift, safely manage the release of new versions, and alert them to potential issues as they arise. We take pride in the unique, agnostic platform we provide and believe we are contributing to the cause of ethical AI; after all, can it fundamentally be ethical if you cannot rely on it?
As a Software Engineer on our team, you will be developing services which present a comprehensive API for customer solutions to interact with their instances of our platform. You will develop common means for integrating with external data sources and hydrating local caches, submitting payloads to models, capturing their output and managing metadata necessary to maintain reliable, monitored operations. You will create services for dynamic containerization of models, and abstractions which allow flexibility and configuration-based hosting of machine learning models, so that tasks which currently take machine learning engineers weeks and months of effort for each model take hours or days instead, all thanks to you.
We’re looking for people who have:
- At least 3 to 5 years of full-time coding with primary focus on Python and its frameworks
- Insight into how abstract services are designed for other developers to create their own services
- Significant focus in the past on creating APIs, data pipelines, and machine learning libraries
- Previous projects deeply involving Kubernetes, including interactions with the control plane
- Developed against AWS and Azure services on occasion and deployed on the same
- Incorporated Redis and Kerberos into their stack, and supported data encryption techniques
- Some familiarity with popular machine learning frameworks and workbench products
- A willingness to adapt, are passionate about reusability and dynamism, and capable of working independently, putting in extra effort when necessary, as we are an early stage startup
Our benefits include:
- Medical/dental/vision coverage
- Lunch provided daily (and dinner when required!)
- Abundant snacks and drinks
- Dedicated, heavily discounted parking and Clipper Direct
- Gym reimbursement
- Weekly happy hours and monthly company outings
- $10k referral bonuses, because after we hire you, we’d love to hire some of your friends!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity very highly at our company. For us, diversity is the true key to innovation and everyone in the Datatron family is equally embraced for their unique perspective and experiences. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.