Test Engineer (Remote)
Our world relies on AI more and more each day. But what does it actually mean for AI to be ‘reliable’? As you consider the question, are you finding that the rabbit hole grows deeper and deeper? Does it intrigue you as both a necessary and valuable question for people to answer? If so, we’d love to meet you.
At Datatron, we create technology to help the growing number of companies sprinting towards reliance on machine learning as part of their operations. Our combination of model ops and governance products ensure machine learning artifacts created by our customers are easy for them to deploy, highly available, and continuously measured for target performance...regardless of how they were developed. We help them guard against bias and drift, safely manage the release of new versions, and alert them to potential issues as they arise. We take pride in the unique, agnostic platform we provide and believe we are contributing to the cause of ethical AI; after all, can it fundamentally be ethical if you cannot rely on it?
As a Test Engineer on our team, you will be establishing new frameworks for test automation, and using these to test our runtime APIs and user interfaces on a continual basis as changes are made. You will help us to establish solution configuration baselines for all of our customers, and to leverage configuration management tools to emulate their environment for regression of new versions and patches. You will also partner with internal product data scientists to understand the typical business performance metrics and service level objectives commonly established for different types of algorithms, creating data sets for purpose to thoroughly test advanced customizations to governance and anomaly detection, to validate our methods for ensuring the quality, reliability, and accurate detection of problems.
We’re looking for people who have:
- Insight into how blackbox, smoke, and integration cases combine to provide effective coverage
- Significant focus in the past on creating test harnesses and automation for new components
- Previous projects deeply involving Kubernetes, Docker, REST services, and data visualization
- Testing of multi-tenant AWS and Azure services, and other SaaS considerations
- Familiar with testing against Redis integrations and working with data encryption techniques
- Some familiarity with validating data quality, testing ETL processes, and other data engineering
- A willingness to adapt, are passionate about reusability and dynamism, and capable of working independently, putting in extra effort when necessary, as we are an early stage startup
Our benefits include:
- Medical/dental/vision coverage
- Lunch provided daily (and dinner when required!)
- Abundant snacks and drinks
- Dedicated, heavily discounted parking and Clipper Direct
- Gym reimbursement
- Weekly happy hours and monthly company outings
- $10k referral bonuses, because after we hire you, we’d love to hire some of your friends!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity very highly at our company. For us, diversity is the true key to innovation and everyone in the Datatron family is equally embraced for their unique perspective and experiences. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.