Datatron is looking for Backend Engineer to the design and development of cutting-edge AI/ML platform.
As Enterprises invest more in AI/ML, the need for automation of model management and AI operations in production becomes clear. Datatron is fulfilling this need by automating model deployment, model monitoring, and model governance with a platform that bridges the gap between engineers, data scientists, and business stakeholders in production. We manage and orchestrates all the steps from data ingestion and transformation, to model training and serving these models as scalable, fault-tolerant web services. Datatron‘s unique Machine Learning technology creates a bidirectional partnership between user and machine, with each component learning from the other and becoming smarter through use. Datatron helps data scientists and engineers deploy their data science workflow into production in hopes to free data scientists from writing more bash scripts or glue code and instead allow them to focus on feature and model building, thereby accelerating their development lifecycle.
At Datatron, we're committed to define and build the Machine Learning platform that will make models come to life in production en masse. We are defining an industry and a category. Our founders and technical advisors have extensive backgrounds in data science and infrastructure, and have worked together for years on the engineering and data science teams at Lyft, Twitter, Microsoft, Amazon, Oracle, and Snapchat. Today, we are a pre-Series A company onboard our first few customers. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Bridge the gap between engineering team and data science team
- Design and implement key components for highly scalable, distributed system built for handling petabytes of data
- Analyze and support requirements from machine learning specialists
Skills & Qualifications:
- Ideal candidate should have both engineering and data science background
- Should be able to deal with cross-functional team
- 2+ years of industry experience developing backend components with at least 2 years on Distributed Computing at Scale (for distributed computing at scale)
- Experience with distributed databases, such as Cassandra, and familiarity with the key issues affecting their performance and reliability
- Experience using high-throughput, distributed message queuing systems such as Kafka
- Familiarity with operational technologies, including Kubernetes, Docker, Chef, Puppet, ZooKeeper, Terraform, and Ansible
- Hands-on development with key technologies such as Scala, Spark, Storm, Flink, and other relevant distributed computing languages, frameworks, and libraries
- An ability to periodically deploy systems to cloud environments such as AWS, Azure
- Mastery of key development tools such as GIT, and familiarity with collaboration tools such as Jira and Confluence or similar tools
- Understanding of developing machine/deep learning systems in a distributed environment
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Opportunities for growth
- Lunch provided daily
- Always stocked snack bar
- Friday Happy Hours
- Monthly Employee Outings
- Free parking onsite
- Clipper Card Benefits
- Gym Reimbursement
- Referral bonus
Our commitment to diversity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.