Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 1,000+ talented people across eight offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
About the role:
Dataminr’s Domain Experts are an essential component of our company’s success - ensuring the alerts we send to our clients are of the best possible quality and making Dataminr’s AI platform more advanced. As a Domain Expert, you will examine and analyze our data feeds and annotate, label and edit signals in real time. You will be an integral part of our algorithm training process and our advanced realtime human-AI feedback loop that integrates key knowledge domains into our AI models. As a Domain Expert, you will also play a key role in defining new factors to improve our alerts, data source coverage, machine learning and AI models. Please note this role works an off-set work week including weekend work as well as projects and meetings outside of business hours.
Who you are:
You are a highly motivated individual who (1) thrives in a real-time information environment; (2) is a mission-oriented team player who wants to make an impact on the world; and (3) is ready to be an expert on breaking news and world events
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required. Concentration or certification in Cybersecurity, International Security or Defense, or a closely related field strongly preferred
- Public Sector, Military, Defense or Cybersecurity experience preferred
- Highly adaptable and able to juggle multiple competing priorities during stressful events
- Deep understanding of geopolitical risk issues and Cyber threat priorities
- Ability to monitor and analyze data in a fast-paced environment in English and Japanese, Mandarin Chinese or Korean a plus
- Passion for breaking news, current world events, technology, and a great understanding of both social media and publicly-available data
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently within a team
- Strong online research skills
- Enthusiastic approach to innovation and strategic thinking
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Monitor and analyze the quality of our data feeds
- Annotate and label complex breaking news events
- Own and develop breaking news and politics-focused projects to improve our AI models
- Regularly conduct QA of data feeds to ensure quality standards
- Make real-time decisions with incomplete data
- Work with multiple stakeholders across all offices to support region-specific training
- Collaborate on and communicate about daily priorities in a team-centric environment
- Identify any software issues to elevate to our product and engineering teams
- Remote Position; requires the ability to work 10:00 am - 6:00 pm Pacific Time. Candidates should be aware this role requires working weekends
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
California, New York, Washington and Colorado only: The salary range for this position is as indicated below. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location, applicant skills, and prior relevant experience, among other factors.
Colorado: $58,500 - $64,500 USD
California/New York/Washington: $65,000 - $71,500 USD